Automatic Vehicle Flows Control System (“Videocontrol-Rubezh” post)
Video fixation complex with the plate recognition of vehicles to check on search registries and analysis of traffic flow
Automatic Vehicle Flows Control System was installed on many Ukrainian posts of Traffic Police Management around of country and in the capital. The system performs the function of so-called “shield of the state” for vehicle flows. It also permits to register transport automatically and store this information for its future systematization and processing. The main stages of work are as following:
- Plate Recognition of vehicle;
- Receiving of photo image and information of the moving vehicle;
- Processing and analysis of information of the moving vehicle in database;
- Information transfer to the central database;
- Review and analysis of statistic vehicle flows data.
When vehicle comes through the traffic police's post inspector stops rule-breakers. The complex carries out the following operations:
- "Capture" of video image of vehicle and its plate recognition;
- Determination of date/time and direction of the moving transport;
- Transfer of received information to the workstation of traffic police officer on the post;
- Processing and analysis with database;
- Sending alarm to officers about rule-breakers;
- Transfer data to the Traffic Police Administration State.
Processed information is transferred through radio signal to the central database, where all the information from the posts of traffic police is collected. Basing the collected data, various statistic reports on the vehicle flows may be formed and also analyzed with a help of special program.
Tasks of the System
- To identify vehicle plate, to determine speed of vehicle movement, as option;
- To perform complex of measures, concerned with the arrest of the vehicle and its owner;
- To receive the full information of the vehicle and its owner;
- To control work of Traffic Police Administration personnel on the post;
- To record and store received information for the future processing or use.